Globetrot’ migration team assists many customers in securing temporary and permanent residency in Australia. Here is a list of the top 10 reasons why our customers choose to migrate to Australia:
1. Career opportunities:
There are still many industries in Australia experiencing skill shortages and opportunities exist for highly skilled overseas workers to take up employment with Australian companies.
2. Quality of life
Australians enjoy a high standard of living, from housing to public transport, Medicare system, education and the list goes on!
3. For the love of an Aussie
Many overseas citizens have fallen for the charms of Australian citizens/permanent residents and choose to start their life together in Australia.
A lot of our customers move to Australia for the acceptance and tolerance for people of all walks of life.
5. Education opportunities
Australia has a world class education system with opportunities for all age groups and levels of ability.
We have a lot of customers from colder climates looking to move to Australia to enjoy the hot summers and mild winters.
Australia has a beautiful and unique landscape with many natural wonders, which overseas customers really appreciate once they move to here.
Australians have a robust appreciation for sport, both playing sport socially and hosting international sporting events. Our customers from various countries are relieved to discover they can follow their sport of choice once they move here or get hooked on the local sporting codes.
A lot of our customers enjoy all the shopping available in Australia – from large shopping malls to amazing little boutiques tucked away in laneways, from international big brands to local designers, the choices are limitless.
10.Food and wine
World class restaurants, beautiful wineries, a variety of cuisines, cafes and bakeries…do we really need to explain this one anymore?
So, if you are a migrant, what were the reasons that you chose to migrate to Australia?
Picture Yourself in Friendly Australia!
Australia is a culturally diverse, racially tolerant society that welcomes and offers opportunity to those who wish to settle here. From the vast landscape and the exotic flora and fauna to the cosmopolitan cities, Australia is a beautiful and varied place of contrasts, and a vital destination for business development and growth in the 21st Century.
Since 1945, nearly 5.6 million people from over 150 countries have come to call Australia home. Currently Australia has a population of 22 million people, but this number is growing constantly. Approximately 1 in 4 Australian residents are born outside Australia.
Australia Welcomes You
Australia has evolved an immigration policy which encourages anyone who meets the selection criteria to apply to emigrate regardless of sex, religion, or ethnic and national origin.
Because of this country's increasing participation in international markets a greater emphasis is now placed on the "skill" element of the Migration Program. This is due to a specific skills deficit in the Australian workforce.
To reduce these shortages, the Australian Government is very keen to attract highly skilled labour abroad. Occupations most in need include
- Professionals (business and information);
- Managers and Administrators;
- Associate Professionals; and
Business migrants with capital and international experience are equally invited to contribute to Australia's economic expansion.
This country is now home to 20,000 business people from 100 countries who have not only contributed their experience and capital but the 52,000 family members who have accompanied them have added to the rich cultural tapestry of which Australia is so proud.
Australia is an ideal country for business investment due to its deregulated economy, enormous natural resources and technical strength. The potential for expansion is tremendous. Underpinning this exciting business climate is a tax system, which favourably competes with all other Western economies.
To find out how you can take advantage of Australia's immigration policies, simply click on links below for more information
- Individual Skilled-Independent Migration to Australia: "Points Test" - which makes it possible for qualified workers to permanently immigrate into Australia based on their education and skills.
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Australian Migration) - which enables Australian employers to permanently hire highly qualified workers from overseas countrie on the condition that an Australian worker could not fill a skilled position locally. Available under this category is a "Labour Agreement" which allows permanent residency for specific skilled workers.
- Business Skills Migration to Australia - a program that makes it possible for successful business people to stay in Australia and begin a new business or to purchase or become a partner in an existing business.
- Temporary Australian Business Visa (Skilled Workers - Business People) - may be obtained for business people and those who are highly skilled to investigate genuine business possibilities. It is also available to those who can provide discernible advantages for Australia through the transfer of skills and technology or specialised international business understanding.
Australian Way of Life
Australia is a stunningly beautiful country and those residents who have ambitions, and the will to achieve them, are well rewarded. It boasts world standard universities and education and health systems that receive considerable government funding and, enjoys political stability and government underpinned by the Westminster System.
Australians have a strong belief in equality and social justice and as a destination Australia is one of the world's most attractive for quality of life.
Australians work hard but they like to enjoy their leisure time too. Because Australia spans several climatic zones, from the tropical far-north to the cool temperate climate of the south, there are a wide variety of leisure activities and holiday destinations within the country. Beautiful beaches abound and a wide variety of sports are available from surfing to skiing. In addition, Australia possesses some of the world's great wilderness areas. Many are designated national parks to be enjoyed by present residents and preserved for future generations.
Life in the Cities:
Australia is known for its wide open spaces but most of its residents, indeed 86%, live in urban areas along the seaboard. Sydney and Melbourne host 40% of the country's population whilst other state capitals such as Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth attract populations of approximately 1 million each.
Even though distances are great, Perth is 3,985 kilometres from Sydney; efficient and fast transport connects all capital cities and regional centres. Australians love to travel and do so within Australia without any restrictions.
Together with the abundance of outdoor activities Australians enjoy a sophisticated culture of opera, two of the greatest identities in opera, Dames Nellie Melba and Joan Sutherland are Australians, ballet, art, music and museums.
Australia produces some of the best food and wine on earth and its quality, and the cultural diversity of the population, is reflected in world standard restaurants, which are located in all capital cities and many regional centres.
Housing is of a high standard and affordable in comparison to other countries. Schools, hospitals and public transport reflect the high standard of living Australians enjoy.
Competitive Australian Immigration Requirements
Advantages of Australia's immigration system include
- Australia provides unrestricted work rights to the spouses of skilled sponsored workers with temporary and permanent entry visas.
- There is no limit on number of visas able to be granted for gazetted professionals and other skilled migrants using the temporary entry program.
- Australia has more flexible and streamlined temporary entry arrangements than other countries.
- A temporary principal visa holder, once in Australia, is generally able to apply for most permanent visas.